European Bioeconomy Network
Blog - Published 2.5.2019
Promoted by the BIOVOICES project and launched in May 2018, the European Bioeconomy Network (EuBioNet) is a proactive alliance of EU funded projects dealing with Bioeconomy promotion, communication and support.
The main goal is to maximise the efforts of EU funded projects, increasing the knowledge sharing, networking, mutual learning, coordination of joint activities and events.
What is the mission of the European Bioeconomy Network?
- increase the awareness of Sustainable Circular Bioeconomy in Europe
- stimulate the debate, knowledge sharing and mutual learning to address bioeconomy related challenges and opportunity
- identify impact-oriented strategies to boost the sustainable circular bioeconomy in Europe
- facilitate networking among stakeholders
- strengthten the role of the European Commission in supporting the sustainable circular bioeconomy uptake.
Who are the European Bioeconomy Network partners?
Promoted by BIOVOICES project, the European Bioeconomy Network counts now 38 formal partners and we are growing!
The European Bioeconomy Network partners benefit from the mutual promotion of outcomes, new partnerships, joint event planning and knowledge sharing.
The www.eubionet.eu website aggregates the knowledge generated during the projects and facilitates the design and implementation of common activities. There is a private area for the members to discuss ideas, upload events and contact the other partners.
What are the first outcomes?
Thanks to the EuBioNet facilitation, a number of joint activities and events took place and are planned for the next months:
- Increased awareness of other project’s focus and results
- Networking among partners (including participation to new calls together)
- Co-organisation of events (conferences, workshops, exhibitions, etc…)
- Involvement of other members as experts/speakers (Workshops, Advisory boards, conferences, webinars)
- Host exhibitors in events (Maker Faire, Researchers’ Night, Bioeconomy Village, Bioeconomy corner at the Sustainable and circular Bioeconomy, the European way)
- Promotion of events and activities organised by other members
- Dissemination of other members’ project’s results
The European Commission recognize the importance of the European Bioeconomy Network! The update of the Bioeconomy Strategy mentions the network on page 84, 85 and 86 as a key player for promoting and communicating bioeconomy.
How to be part of the European Bioeconomy Network?
The membership is free of charge. The partners are requested to sign a collaboration framework, declaring their commitment in collaborating proactively with the other partners.
The author Susanna Albertini is the contact person for the European Bioeconomy Network (email@example.com). She is actually involved in 3 EU funded projects promoting bioeconomy (BIOVOICES, Biobridges and LIFT).
Susanna Albertini is one of the panelists in the European Bioeconomy Scene 2019 -event held in Helsinki on 8 -10 July 2018. The European Bioeconomy Network is one of the organizers of the conferences’ satellite workshop “The role of communication and education in promoting circular and sustainable bioeconomy” (8th July – Ministry of Education and Culture – Meritullinkatu 1, Helsinki – Finland – www.biovoices.eu/helsinki)
Published on 2 May 2019.